Transaction Advisory Services Facility (TASF)
The purpose of the TASF (Transaction Advisory Services Facility) is to support mini-grid project developers by providing advisory services to strengthen mini-grids operating models, increase their commercial viability and ultimately their bankability.
The aim of the TASF is to address select market barriers in order to mobilize resources and investments that will commercialize and scale-up mini-grids in Tanzania. These transaction advisory services will address the lack of proven commercially viable business models, sector level data and information on the markets and resources, the limited technical and business capacity that exists among developers and access to finance challenges. One of the primary parts of the component is the Transaction Advisory Services Facility (TASF).
TASF has the following objectives:
- Provide an integrated set of advisory services able to respond to the needs of developers
- Demonstrate the potential for scaling up business case for mini-grids in Tanzania by helping advanced projects reach financial close
- Support developers in accessing financial and non-financial support made available by development partners in Tanzania to support the mini-grid market
- Harness the lessons learnt by developers
The advisory services provided will comprise of the following:
- Technical & Engineering support
- Business Advisory support
- Financial & Capital raising support
- Legal & Compliance support
Apart from the aforementioned advisory services, 12 trainings and capacity building workshops will be organized by the team for the mini-grid developers suited to their needs through the project lifetime. (For more information, click here.)
Rural Energy Agency (REA) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Energy and Minerals of the United Republic of Tanzania. Its main role is to promote and facilitate improved access to modern energy services in rural areas of Mainland Tanzania.